“My pool is leaking!”. Pool leaks are one of the biggest concerns of any pool owner. Actually we do understand why it’s so scary. Let’s do some maths!
How do you calculate the water loss per day in a pool?
Kerry and John have a 10 x 5 metre pool with a 1.5 m, depth. How much water does the pool hold? If the pool loses 2 cm per day, how much water does the pool lose each day?
Pool water volume calculation
length x width x depth = 10 x 5 x 1.5 = 75 cubic meters of water.
That’s to say 75,000 litres.
Calculating the pool water loss per day because of a leak
length x width x water loss (mm) = 10 x 5 x 0.02 = 1 cubic meter of water
That’s to say 1,000 litres per day! 😱😱😱
A leak in a 10 x 5 m pool, where the water loss is only 2 cm equals to a daily water loss of 1,000 litres, that’s to say…
Types of pool leaks
- caused by damaged pool equipment, whose detection is easy by performing a plumbing pressure test
- or leaks in the pool shell, which are harder to find.
Consequences of pool leaks
an economic cost
an environmental impact
if the pool leak doesn’t get solved it could result in serious damage to the surrounding areas and structures
RENOLIT ALKORPLAN guarantees watertight swimming pools
RENOLIT ALKORPLAN on site lining (1.5 or 2 mm thick) is the perfect solution to refurbish all types of pools. Moreover, when resurfacing a pool with on site lining you keep most of the existing structure, what will save you a lot of money.
The reinforced PVC liner RENOLIT ALKORPLAN guarantees watertightness and gives your pool a chance of a second life. It’s available in 31 different colours and textures, so without a doubt you’ll find the most suitable one for your pool. Stop worrying about pool leaks. You deserve to devote yourself only to enjoy it.
Let’s have a look on the weeknesses each pool type has regarding water tightness.
- Tiled pools require high-maintenance. When grout lines wash out or ceramic tiles get detached, it can lead to pool leaks.
- Fiberglass pools (one-piece pools) are also keen to have leaks because of cracks. During its manufacture, air bubbles can remain between the coatings and when it’s filled up, the stress caused to the shell can cause cracks. These pool leaks aren’t easy to find.
- Concrete pools may have cracks due to foundation or ground movements or big temperature differences.
All RENOLIT ALKORPLAN on site liners are 100% watertight with a written guarantee for 10 years. Year after year owners of all types of leaking pools contact us in order to get on site lining RENOLIT ALKORPLAN installed. A qualified pool professional can help you out. You don’t know any reliable pool professional in your home area? Then contact us via this contact formular and will help you find one.